Saturday 14 May 2011

All that running around, and for what...

Couple of things to sort out.

Firstly the figures for the last couple of days: Thursday +£202.85, highlighted by a superb 8/1 winner from Northern Monkey; and Friday -£177.43, highlighted by there being no highlights, only lowlights. Very low lights.

Racing Trends had no lays yesterday and a few today. I'm going to post a few thoughts on Monday about how I've found them so far, and my general impressions of laying from my first ever week of doing them. I don't think adding a daily tally is adding much to the blog at this stage. A few lays each day really has little significance when the stakes are so low and it is not yet a strategy that is a full part of the portfolio. So, as I say, some thoughts on Monday, and then every Monday after that. Anticipation of that each week should have you springing out of bed each Monday morning. No?

It has been a tricky day today, in terms of getting the bets on. My two children were each performing at the Alderley Edge Festival, "a celebration" of the written word, prose and verse. At least that's what the brochure said. Daft planning if you ask me. There we are, in a village ten miles south of Manchester, listening to six-eight year olds doing their thing whilst United are in need of a point to win the title and City are playing in the Cup final! It was surprisingly well attended, and I had to give it to the kids for standing in front of forty or so adults staring at them as they recited their chosen verse. My lad was actually first up and when he'd finished, his proud parents led the applause. I thought a bit of intimidation might help precipitate a favourable outcome with the judges, and the next seven year old kid up looked a little startled as he approached the stage to repeated chants of "Who are ya?". Of course when he'd finished he was met with a fine, "You're s**t, ahhhhh". On reflection, if I had my time over again I might not be quite so aggressive, but they've got to learn life's tough, these kids. And I don't know what the other parents were grumbling about. PC gone mad with some of them, let me tell you. It's what this country's missing, a bit of competitive spirit.

And was my lad grateful? No. Kept muttering under his breath something about me being an embarrassment. Hasn't talked to me all day and only turned his cold shoulder when after watching some wildlife program on the telly and an advert that was on straight after it, he asked me if we could adopt a leopard. What the hell would we do with a leopard, I asked? No, I told him. We live near a main road. It wouldn't be fair.

Anyway, I digress. Not been easy getting all the bets on, but managed somehow.


Today's Action

PJA NH dropped a point as none of their three selections was a winner. They did find one to place (Dorabelle - Bangor - 12/1).

For the second time in three days, Northern Monkey was the star of the show, finding a very nice winner (Le Toreador - Thirsk - 14/1) amongst their three tips. I wasn't convinced it had got up when I saw the race, but the camera never lies you know.

Still heavy going for On The Nose at present. They did find one to place from their three selections (Tactician - Newmarket - 7/1).

Understated solidity from ProBandit - just as I like it. Three selections, one winner (Extraterrestrial - Thirsk - 5/2) and one placed (Collect Art - Doncaster - 4/1) amongst them.

Nothing gained and nothing lost for Chasemaster who had one small pick (What Of It - Bangor - 4/1) which finished second so stakes returned.

Not so good for 4PA and Winning Racing Tips - they each had one bet and they each had one loser.

PJA NH: Staked 2pts, -1pt.
Northern Monkey: Staked 3pts, +6.75pts.
On The Nose: Staked 2.5pts, -1.125pts.
ProBandit: Staked 2.375pts, +0.775pts.
Chasemaster: Staked 0.25pts, N/A.
4PA: Staked 2pts, -2pts.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 0.6pts, -0.6pts.
Total financial loss on racing of £12.47.


So another season is near it's end. Man United's point was enough to land Football Elite's antepost pick but I'm not going to tally up the football anteposts until next week when we will know if RVP provides a return in the top scorer market.

Two for Football Investor today with one (West Brom) a winner. And a winner too from the one Strike Zone bet (AC Milan).

Football Investor: Staked 2pts, +0.83pts.
Strike Zone: Staked 1pt: +0.5pts.
Total financial profit on football of £37.45.

Saturday 14th May: Staked £481, +£24.98.
Week to date: Staked £2,072, -£40.55.
Month to date: Staked £5,326, +£949.01, roi 17.81%.


So all that buggering about getting the bets on, and where did it get me? A measly 25 quid and a touchline ban from next year's festival. Pfft.

No comments:

Post a Comment