Thursday 14 June 2012

Form Lab

Not at all sure what to make of Tottenham and Harry Redknapp. Obviously I don't support them so I don't know enough about what is going on there to form any proper, informed opinion. On the face of it though, sacking Redknapp seems a very strange move.

Harry took the club over when they were in the relegation zone, if I remember rightly, about ten games into the season. He immediately took them well clear of that precarious position, and in subsequent seasons got Spurs into the Champions League for the first time (and did well in the competition), then finished a highly respectable fifth, and then back into the CL places in the season just finished. Were it not for Chelsea somehow managing to win the thing, Spurs would be in the qualifying rounds for next season's competition. All this was done on the back of genuinely exciting football played by some proper, top class players (Modric, Bale, Van der Vaart). And now he's been sacked. I don't get it, but like I say, perhaps there are reasons we're unaware of that Tottenham supporters have some insight into that would provide an explanation.

Whatever, Levy better have some confidence in being able to make some grand vision become a reality. Otherwise, he may just have knocked Spurs back about five years. Will be interesting finding out.


I received a query about Football Form Lab the day before yesterday, so I thought perhaps I should write a few blatherings on it.

The first thing I'd say is that by simply following the bet recommendations in the Daily Reports, I am not utilising the software to anywhere like it's maximum potential. I wish I could, but as ever, lack of time is a deadly enemy. There is a wealth of information to negotiate though, and if I had the time to do so, I'm sure other profitable angles could be found.

So why am I following? Three reasons...

1. 10% roi over 1,000+ bets;
2. Provides turnover during the summer months; and
3. It is a relatively high turnover service through the year, and as regular readers will know, this is something I have been moving towards attaining for the portfolio.

The only issue really is that Form Lab Lite is relatively expensive. This in itself puts it under a pressure to perform that perhaps other, cheaper services, can avoid. I don't care who you are, you are more likely to be more patient with a service charging less than you are with one that is underperforming AND hitting you that bit harder in the pocket when subs come up for renewal. Something to be aware of, I think.

Anyway, there we go. If anyone has any further questions, stick a comment in the relevant box.


Today's Betting

The pattern of winning with the footie and losing on the nags continued today. Fortunately over the last couple of days more has been made than lost. Let's hope that carries on.

No winners again on the horses, but one of Northern Monkey's bets found the frame to return stakes, and the one On The Nose tip also placed for a small profit. No luck for The Market Examiner (0/2).

Profit though from Form Lab Lite. Two bets in the Italy/Croatia match. 75% stake on both teams to score, and 25% stake on the 1-1 correct scoreline. Nice.

The Market Examiner: Staked 2pts, -2pts.
On The Nose: Staked 1pt, +0.565pts.
Northern Monkey: Staked 2.5pts, -1.5pts.

Form Lab: Staked 1pt, +2.18pts.


The Spanish don't look too shabby, do they?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rowan,

    Yes, I understand your interest in form lab black.

    Are you using Form Lab Lite?
    I check the costs on the website and the annual fee for formlablite is £225, but for the daily reports you pay an extra £225, so total £450 per year.
    How may bets per year are daily reports? I guess about 1.000.
    To receive 1.000 bets a year for £450 is okay I guess, it is not that expensive.
    A lot of other football systems have maybe 100-200 bets a year for £200 - £300 per year.... so the cost per bet is much higher for those systems.
    With so many bets for formlab you do not have to stake high to make a decent prifit, in fact 4-5 times as low as most other football systems.
    So would be an excellent choice for a portfolio for sure in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, agreed.

    Let's hope we're not both wrong, eh? :)

    Rowan

    ReplyDelete