Monday 18 June 2012

Weekend Round Up

Uninspiring, is the word I would use to describe the weekend just gone. It's been the Klass-Jan Huntelaar of weekends - underwhelming and giving the impression it should have been better.

Horse Racing

I've got to admit, I'm beginning to worry a bit about the racing. Not on a longer term basis - my services retain my absolute faith - but in terms of dragging this month's performance down it is more Spain than Ireland, if you know what I mean. This month has been a shocker so far.

I do need to qualify my disappointment a little. I know I missed a good WRT winner when I was on holiday, but even had I backed that, I'd still be way, way down. On The Nose appear to be able to do little right and really upset the gambling gods. Watching Area Fifty One (York - 11/1) go ahead inside the final furlong on Saturday (apparently hitting 1.01 on Betfair as it did so), I thought that things were on the turn. Alas not as AFO appeared to be outbattled in the finish and returned only the place part of the each way bet. I'm on a drawdown with On The Nose that currently stands at just short of half the bank allotted, a drawdown that began at the start of 2012. Just get the feeling a couple of big priced winners to arrest the decline would see normal service being resumed. And let's not forget that for 2011 (and before that, only I wasn't a member), "normal service" was bloody good!

Northern Monkey are going through the mill this month too. No joy from two on Saturday before yesterday's tip (Gunner Lindley - Cork - 7/2) ran well to finish third. Still, another small loss on the bet though and Wayne will be keeping his fingers, toes, eyes and knadgers crossed for an antepost bet he has running at Royal Ascot tomorrow. Naturally I want it to win, but if it does, I won't make as much as others will as the original tip was issued, yes you guessed it, when I was on holiday. Bah - who needs holidays anyway!?! Not having one next year.

A quiet weekend for The Market Examiner (0/1) and it's been a quiet couple of weeks for Winning Racing Tips, who also had a loser yesterday.


Football Betting

It's all very well backing teams in Brazil, but I'm a simple soul and overnight kick offs confuse my daily record-keeping!

Summer Of Football essentially broke even from eleven bets, and Form Lab Lite dropped a shade under two points.


Northern Monkey: Staked 3.25pts, -2.4pts.
On The Nose: Staked 3pts, -1pt.
The Market Examiner: Staked 1pt, -1pt.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 0.5pts, -0.5pts.

Summer Of Football: Staked 11pts, -0.016pts.
Form Lab Lite: Staked 5.25pts, -1.94pts.


Today's Betting

No luck again for Northern Monkey (0/1), but The Market Examiner had a very good winner (Watts Up Son - Calisle - 8/1).

Two Form Lab Lite bets tonight; a loser with there being not enough goals in the Spain/Croatia match, and a winner with the relative lack of goals (ie.under 2.5) in the Italy/Ireland game.

Northern Monkey: Staked 0.75pts, -0.75pts.
The Market Examiner: Staked 2pts, +7pts.

Form Lab Lite: Staked 2pts, +0.26pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment