Wednesday 19 December 2012

Happy Christmas!

I decided to stay down in Ludlow for a couple of extra days and I have to say it has done me the power of good. I went with the intention of placing the bets as normal but on the drive down I felt that instead of worrying about catching prices and staying close to the laptop, I'd instead forget all about betting and concentrate on relaxing and spending time with the kids and the rest of my family. My parents are getting old and I'd rather make full use of the time we have left - spending time in the pub over a pint with my Dad, putting the world to rights, seemed a much more important, and enjoyable, proposition than scrutinizing bestbetting.com and spending time spreading bets around in an attempt to remain under the bookies' radar. What taking a short break has made me realise is that next year, I really must make more of an effort to take the odd break from gambling to recharge the batteries and to stop getting obsessive about it all.

As it happens, I don't think I've missed too much. Saturday was marginally profitable so there has been no real to change to how things were when I last posted, and no service has been remarkably good or poor.

The plan now is to leave the blog until the New Year. I have one or two ideas about how I want to progress with it. I feel that this year I have been swinging from putting too many figures into the blog to not putting enough. What this blog needs is some consistency in terms of how results are recorded and I aim to do just that from January. There are also one or two ideas floating around the space between my ears about how I run the portfolio. Nothing drastic, but I do think that sometimes the way I go about things lacks a little dynamism at times and perhaps I need a subtle shift to a more proactive way of doing what I do. The way I'm thinking, I hope to be able to act on this and in a way that many of you will be able to follow and relate to. More on this in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, please have a great Christmas, and thankyou for reading and leaving comments throughout the year. Roll on 2013!

I'll be back on January 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment