Monday 10 December 2012

Thoughts of giving up.

I've got to say that after another heavy Saturday loss, I found it difficult to get any sleep over the weekend. I lay in bed, tossing and turning into the early hours of Sunday morning, desperately searching for solutions to the many problems I'm now facing. How can I turn performance around? What can I do now that I haven't tried before?

Ultimately, what happens is out of my hands and I am relying on the ability and performance of others. I accept that. But when those others aren't doing what I need them to do, when they are producing results that are simply substandard, then what hope is there? It has been a really tough few weeks. I am beginning to dread waking up on Saturday mornings and having to deal with yet another blow to morale. If it goes on much longer like this, I am going to have to walk away. Seriously, I'm all out of ideas and perhaps the sensible thing to do is to turn my back on it all and find something else to do with my time. Certainly I've never been lower, and those that know me are beginning to talk about me, concerned for my welfare. This was supposed to be fun. It isn't any more.

I think it is always best to be brutally honest with yourself. If something is not working, then it is not working. It doesn't matter what previous successes have been enjoyed, it is the here and now that is important. I am now seriously thinking that perhaps now is the time to draw the line, accept that I have done my best and that ultimately it wasn't good enough. My tactics are obviously not astute enough. My strategies flawed. This is one losing run that I fear is too long for this blogger.

Yep. You guessed it. Alderley United U10s suffered yet another heavy loss on Saturday. 5-0! 5 - bleedin' - 0! The team's fifth successive loss. Those dozy oiks are just not doing what I'm telling them to do and as a result I am now a manager under pressure. My own lad hasn't scored for three matches. I don't care if it was his birthday yesterday, he wasn't allowed out of his room. Not even to eat. I've told him...when he starts scoring again, then he can eat. Not until. He's got to learn.


The betting? Well, it wasn't spectacularly successful but a profit on the weekend was made and that makes for quite the refreshing change. If only everything in life was as simple and straightforward, eh?


Weekend's Betting

No joy at all on the racing front, with On The Nose suffering for the second consecutive weekend (0/6). No better elsewhere - Winning Racing Tips (0/1) and The Sportsman Racing (0/1).

Skeeve played things a little cautiously but reaped the rewards of a winning double. The Asian picks produced a marginal loss with one called correctly from two.

A profitable weekend for Summer Of Football with three wins, two losses and a void, and also for The Football Analyst with 7/22 coming up with a win and two void bets with just a small loser on the E3-E7 European system. One winner from one selection for The Sportsman.

Sadly Sportyy picked a couple of losers over the weekend, and Football Elite are running at a loss with one bet to come this evening (One win, one void, and two losses).

On The Nose: Staked 4pts, -4pts.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 0.3pts, -0.3pts.
The Sportsman Racing: Staked 0.5pts, -0.5pts.

Skeeve: Staked 9pts, +6.134pts.
Summer Of Football: Staked 6pts, +0.894pts.
The Football Analyst: Staked 2.25pts, +0.683pts.
Sportyy: Staked 4.5pts, -4.5pts.
Football Elite: Staked 4pts, -1.71pts.
The Sportsman: Staked 0.15pts, +0.177pts.

Talking of Sportyy, a nice offer from Dani to extend subscription period for a month and a half after a quiet November and December.

Finally, after a great first month to this season's betting, The Value Bettor is pressing ahead again...a more heavily staked winner at 11/1 (Fulgora - Warwick) yesterday!!!

1 comment:

  1. head up rowan ...hopfully a good run is just round the corner ..we all could do with one :}

    ReplyDelete