Friday 1 January 2016

Well who'd have thunk?!?

It's been a while, eh?

Rising from the ashes, like a Phoenix from the flames...The Portfolio Investor is back! I'd love to say back with a bang; bigger, meaner and badder than before, but that would be glamorizing things a touch and in fact since the last time I blogged, the only discernible change in me is that I'm just a touch thicker around the old waistline. I suppose that's inevitable in the face of both middle age looming (44's still classed as fairly young, isn't it? Isn't it?) and my having stuffed myself silly over the past week or so. Still, if you can't be stuffed at Christmas, when can you? Millions of turkeys can't all be wrong.

Anyway, that's enough of that nonsense. This blog isn't all "Me me me" you know. It's about betting. Gambling. Making some cash...or trying to at least. It's about following tipsters and sharing the good times and bad. It's about venting frustrations and yelling successes from the virtual rooftops.

So here's the plan. Having dusted off the cobwebs in this place, I'll be posting here for a little while, and in the meantime I'll be looking for a new home in the form of a proper website. Not sure how long that will take. Weeks, perhaps? Months? Not sure yet, but before too long there'll be a brand spanking new, sparkling place to blog, and more to the point, somewhere where I'll be able to implement some other ideas I currently have brewing. I suppose I could have waited until that was all set up and ready to go before starting to blog again, but where would the fun in that be?

If I was a cynic, I'd wonder if this post appearing here today isn't rather like starting the old diary when you're a kid (and let's face it, there is a whole generation - to which I belong - who was inspired by Adrian Mole) with the very best of intentions, only for initial enthusiasm to fade rapidly and for it to become quite clear by the 10th January at the latest that daily updates weren't going to last.

Well, I ran this blog for three years or so which isn't too shabby, and like I say, I've plans. I won't be blogging every day, but I'll try at least to post results most days. Not at weekends though, which are far too precious to commit to doing anything other than eating and drinking in. And let's face it, you've got better things to be doing with your weekends than reading this blog!

So...that's it. Back Monday, when I'll go through which tipsters I'm following and how they've fared through the first couple of days of the New Year.

The Portfolio Investor - The Force Awakens...

2 comments:

  1. Great to have you back. From time to time I visited the place hoping for a comeback. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Luis. That's really good of you to say. :)

    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete