Monday 7 March 2011

If Carlsberg did football tipping...

On Friday I unveiled the mysterious Mr.X as The Football Analyst, and promised to give a little background and insight. So here I am, providing you with a little background and insight.

I imagine a few of you will know that The Football Analyst is none other than Graeme, the chap behind the racing service The Form Analyst which closed down back in November 2009. I've known Graeme since joining that service in the early summer of 2009, and I have to say, I was disappointed when the original TFA was no more. I had enjoyed a number of great wins that summer, and what amazed me with those winners was that Graeme, in his detailed pre-race write ups, appeared to have the insight of a clairvoyant. The races were run in exactly the way Graeme said they would be. Seriously, it was uncanny. I remember calling Graeme the Cesc Fabregas of tipsters, and as you know, I couldn't heap higher praise.

So why did TFA close? If you look at the note left on the website (theformanalyst.com) you will see that the figures were impressive - 116 points profit at an roi of 12%. But, and here's the thing, Graeme was putting his absolute heart and soul into it. He was working hours that would make most folks weep. He also cared. A lot. So when things didn't go so well, I think Graeme would punish himself in a way that very few would, and ultimately this took it's toll during one bad run over a few months, which ended with Graeme deciding he'd had enough.

Happily though, the spirit of TFA lived on. I have made a passing mention in an early blog post that the best punting decision I had ever made was to join a service that closed down within six months of my first day as a member. Why? Because Graeme had developed a forum, populated by exceptionally helpful people and led by a chap who was prepared to help members in any way he could. Whether it be bet recording spreadsheets or devising systems that would provide a big edge on the bookies when it came to betting on football, Graeme seemed to be on a mission.

Which brings us to the present day. I've been following Graeme's football system development with hard-earned cash this season. It should be said that it has been a work in progress, and the way I have played the bets has reflected this. Staking has changed at various times, as have the systems I've personally followed, and I haven't accounted my profits from backing the selections in my official figures until the beginning of 2011. What I would say though, is that the potential is massive. How do I know - because I have seen it for myself. Graeme will happily tell you that his work this season has really all been about getting to a place where by the beginning of next season, it will (no pun intended) be all systems go. Personally, I can't wait.

Of course, previous performance is no guide to the future and all that, but if hard work, dedication, and desire count for anything, I think anyone following will be on to a winner. I believe Graeme has been proofing his results externally, but if you go over to his blog, you can see what I'm talking about for yourself. Oh, and if you have any questions, just ask in his 'Comment' section - if I know Graeme, I would stake my life on you getting a full and comprehensive answer.

Today's Action

Typical quiet Monday with the racing today. On The Nose tipped the way I like to be tipped...one bet, one winner (Quartz De Thaix - Newton Abbott - 3/1), no fuss. PJA NH and ProBandit fired blanks. Winning Racing Tips hit the crossbar - they suggested an each way double, the first leg of which won (Alla Svelta - Newton Abbott - 6/4) and the second leg came within a head of winning at 4/1. Nearly.

PJA NH: Staked 1.5pts, -1.5pts.
On The Nose: Staked 0.5pts, +1.5pts.
ProBandit: Staked 1.25pts, -1.25pts.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 0.6pts, +0.102pts.
Financial loss on the racing of £43.88.

Football Elite had their last bet of the weekend, and a nice winner to boot.

Football Elite: Staked 1pt, +1.25pts.
Financial profit on the football of £125.

Monday 7th March: Staked £226, +£81.12.
Week to date: Staked £226, +£81.12.
Month to date: Staked £3,668, +£310.41, roi 8.46%.

Right, a word of warning. I was asked a question about the SBC by Mark last week, and I do want to give some thoughts. However, with what is happening over in Catalunya tomorrow night, I doubt I am going to be in any fit state to write anything. So, a weekend-style results only post tomorrow, and then some musings on Wednesday, if that's ok?

Right, off to bed. Only one more sleep until the big match.

No comments:

Post a Comment