Saturday 7 May 2011

Escaped.

Just a typical weekend round up, tonight. Will be same tomorrow night, too.

Don't know why, but it feels like I escaped a little today. Pretty mediocre day on the horses, but countered by a solid day with the football. Not complaining at all. Just feels like I dodged a bullet today for some reason.

Today's Action

I took a calculated risk with the main 4PA selection today, Horseradish. I split my stake, putting half on at the best available odds of 9/1 with Hills, whilst taking the other half at 7s with Victor Chandler. The better odds being offered by Billy's was offset by the fact that they were only paying each way down to four places, whereas VC covered five. Horseradish came fifth, so my conservatism saved me just shy of 1.5 points. The other selection (win only) was nowhere.

A bad day at the office for On The Nose, none of whose four selections provided any return at all.

PJA NH wasn't able to produce a winner from any of their four selections either, although they did get two to place (Five Star Wilsham - Haydock - 9/1 and Snake Rave - Hexham - 7/1).

A nice winner for Northern Monkey (Rock A Doodle Do - Ascot - 11/2) but rather let down by the other three bets which were all unplaced. A small profit on the day, though.

In stark contrast to last night's tremendous success, tonight's tip from Winning Racing Tips finished well out of the frame.

Another good day for Chasemaster who really are being the model of consistency at present. Just two small bets today, one placed (Snake Rave - Hexham - 6/1) and the other won (Checkerboard - Hexham - 100/30).


4PA: Staked 2.5pts, -1.075pts.
On The Nose: Staked 3.5pts, -3.5pts.
PJA NH: Staked 2.75pts, -1.337pts.
Northern Monkey: Staked 6pts, +0.612pts.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 0.7pts,
Chasemaster: Staked 0.375pts, +0.441pts.
Total loss on the racing of £144.91.


And so to the football.

Football Elite got Everton right but Sporting Gijon wrong for a minute loss on the day due to the prices I took.

Strike Zone has continued on the front foot after April's general success, picking two winners from two today (Newcastle and Southampton).

Exactly the same comments can be used for Football Investor too. They managed four correct from nine - Everton, Yeovil (at 3/1), Southampton, and Swindon (at 3.8/1). Excellent stuff.

Managed to get the recommended odds on the Spanish football double (Getafe & Atletic Bilbao) recommended by Sportyy today and that paid off as the bet came in.

And last but by no means least, The Sportsman landed one from two bets today but at the odds a tiny loss was the outcome.

It should be noted that Graeme at The Form Analyst had a good day, with System 8-22 at least. I had decided to stop following until next season when I realised that I wasn't at all clear as to what my strategy would be and I was dithering between larger stakes with Draw No Bet, smaller stakes win only, etc, etc. In the end, with the season's end imminent, I thought better just to stop and wait for the summer to decide exactly how to proceed. Sod's law, eh? Pleased for Graeme though.

Football Elite: Staked 2pts, -0.023pts.
Strike Zone: Staked 2pts, +1.677pts.
Football Investor: Staked 9pts, +4.345pts.
Sportyy: Staked £39, +£49.52.
The Sportsman: Staked 0.3pts, -0.025pts.
Total financial profit on sports of £186.18.

Saturday 7th May: Staked £1,036, +£41.27.
Week to date: Staked £2,694, +£793.43.
Month to date: Staked £3,054, +£841.56, roi 27.55%.

By the way, a decent start to the Racing Trends lays. Eight out of ten successful for an roi of 9.55% (remember, I'm fixing my liability on each lay so the maximum I can lose on each bet stays the same, my profit on the successful lays will vary dependent on the BFSP odds). I mentioned in a comment to Alan after last night's post that I shan't be including the figures in the portfolio profit and loss figures. My stakes are minimal and I'm using separate money.

Right. A semi-decent bottle of red awaits...

Edit: Hey! Am I psychic or what? Read the last line of yesterday's post, and then look at the winner of the 5.00 at Punchestown today! First winner I've picked in 15 years. Price makes it worth the wait though, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment