Tuesday 27 March 2012

Pinnacle show how it should be done.

Skeeve posted a link in the Comments section last week, to an interview with a Senior Trader at Pinnacle Sports bookmaker. I managed to take a squizz over the weekend, and I have to say the interviews do provide a fascinating insight into the way that Pinnacle work. I challenge anyone to watch these videos and then not come away thinking what a wonderful punting world it would be if all bookmakers took a similar approach. Accounts are not "profiled" as such (with a view to closing them down) and in fact the Trader was at pains to emphasise that accounts only came under a threat of closure if it is deemed that suspicious (ie. shady) patterns were emerging. Instead, winning gamblers were welcomed and used to the advantage of the bookmaker in terms of helping frame the market.

The videos can be found from the Pinnacle home page of their website.

One thing watching the videos did make me realise is that I am smaller than small-fry. When you see the size of stakes that Pinnacle (plus the likes of SBO Bet and 12bet) are prepared to accommodate, and when you hear the Senior Trader talking about the bigger clients that they lay bets from, I have to hold up my hands and accept that I am a completely insignificant player. I reckon I could go through a whole football season (or ten) placing winning bets, and at my staking levels would go completely unnoticed.

More than just a little food for thought.

Today's Betting

A nice little profit today courtesy of The Football Analyst, whose System 7/22 came up with the goods again; one bet, one win. The only slight irritation was that for once I wasn't able to get the largest available odds due to the fact that those were being offered by my best mates over at Bet365. I had previously been told that my restriction on a football bet was a potential profit of £100, but sadly not it transpires, on a bet on a non-league team. Add to the equation the fact that I couldn't remember the CVC number on the back of my wife's bank card, which prevented me from depositing into the account held in her name, and those best odds were kept just out of my reach on this occasion. Still, I'm not going to complain about a winner.

I must say though, I do read Graeme's blog with a wee smile on my face. All this talk of consecutive losing days for the combined systems, and there's me, quietly following System 7/22 and over seven points up for the month and running at an roi of a shade under 49%!

Here's what Graeme had to say on his blog on Sunday:

"The combined systems have managed to make a profit for 5 months straight this season and 12 months in 15 live months. However, they are currently down in March and therefore, it’s looking like an end to this winning streak. Of course, I don’t want to judge the systems over a month spell and neither should anyone else but I’ve been really proud of this run for these systems. Hopefully they can pull something out of the bag in the midweek fixtures and the weekend fixtures but given the current form of the systems, I’m not sure it will happen really."

Now for a footie service (or any service come to think of it!) to be posting profits over five consecutive months - and at healthy levels of roi too, it should be noted - and for twelve months out of the last fifteen, then I'm not bloody surprised he's proud. I would be too! In fact I am proud. By association. That's the association gained by my following his System 7/22, which is what all sane football punters should be doing.


Elsewhere, no luck today for Chasemaster (0/1) or The Market Examiner (0/2).

The Market Examiner: Staked 2pts, -2pts.
Chasemaster: Staked 0.125pts, -0.125pts.
The Football Analyst 7/22: Staked 1pt, +1.84pts.


Month to Date

Racing
Northern Monkey: Staked 24.75pts, -12.54pts, roi -50.66%
4PA: Staked 46.5pts, -6.312pts, roi -13.57%
Chasemaster: Staked 8.75pts, +1.982pts, roi 22.65%
WRT: Staked 11.3pts, +2.545pts, roi 22.52%
The Sportsman Racing: Staked 5.25pts, +1.363pts, roi 25.96%
On The Nose: Staked 24.5pts, +3.75pts, roi 15.3%
The Market Examiner: Staked 43pts, -7.245pts, roi -16.84%


Sports
TFA 7/22: Staked 15pts, +7.325pts, roi 48.83%
Skeeve: Staked 60pts, -0.63pts, roi -1.05%
Football Elite: Staked 14pts, +4.445pts, roi 31.75%
The Sportsman: Staked 0.65pts, +0.135pts, roi 20.76%
On The Oche: Staked 3pts, -0.75pts, roi -25%
Strike Zone (h): Staked 12pts, -4.3pts, -35.83%

No comments:

Post a Comment