Thursday 29 March 2012

Questions, questions, and more questions.

You know in the run up to Cheltenham, and over Cheltenham week itself, it felt as if there was little time to breathe, let alone think. It was all go. Placing bets, trying to secure best odds, keeping records, noting details of all the antepost wagers struck, etc., etc. It felt manic and I remember writing on the blog on the Friday evening that the Festival finished, that I was knackered. Placing so many bets had made me weary, a state of being no doubt exacerbated by the stress of having so much money staked and at risk over such a concentrated period.

Thinking is something I like to do. A weakness of mine is that there are times when I think too much. There is such a thing as analysis paralysis, and it is something that I have to fight against constantly, and not just when related to betting. Having said that, just rushing into things - particularly gambling - is foolish.

The lull post-Cheltenham has therefore come as a blessed relief, for it has given me the opportunity to think. Long, hard and deep, like...like...actually, probably best if we leave that there.

"What have you been thinking about?", I hear you all cry.

The Future. That's what. The Future of my gambling.

What am I aiming for? What do I want from it? What are the chances of gambling full time in The Future? Would I want to gamble full time in The Future? How do I want to develop as a gambler? How can I ensure that I am able to gamble in the future? How far can I grow the portfolio/stakes I'm using?

Look, the list of questions is endless.

Now is this just me? Am I unhealthily obsessed? Or do you do the same? Is this constant thinking about how to improve things normal and healthy and something that anyone who gambles or trades "seriously" must do? Or is it just me, in need of a life? Or at the very least a pint to help me chill out?

Gonna have to go away and think about that last one...


Today's Betting


Felt a bit sorry for Wayne at Northern Monkey today. Just the one bet, staked that bit bigger and at a good price (Sunset Kitty - Kempton - 12/1). To my eye, the jockey just gave it that little bit too much to do too late, and as a result it finished a fast finishing second. The winner was impressive and a better timed run may have made no difference, but in what has been a tough month for Northern Monkey, it would have been nice to have found out.

Elsewhere on the gee gees, no luck for Chasemaster (0/1) or The Market Examiner (0/2), and the Winning Racing Tips selection was second at 5/1 so stakes returned.

On The Oche had the one bet in tonight's Premier League matches, which was unsuccessful.

So not much cop today, although a nice trade on the Sharapova/Wozniacki match this evening courtesy of the Betfair Guru. Add to that a little lay of my own on Mardy Fish that I have greened up on after the first set, it's been a better day's trading than it has been gambling.

Northern Monkey: Staked 1pt, +0.6pts.
Chasemaster: Staked 0.25pts, -0.25pts.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 1pt, N/A.
On The Nose: Staked 1pt, -1pt.
The Market Examiner: Staked 2pts, -2pts.

On The Oche: Staked 1pt, -1pt.


Month to Date


Racing
Northern Monkey: Staked 26.75pts, -11.36pts, roi -42.46%
4PA: Staked 46.5pts, -6.312pts, roi -13.57%
Chasemaster: Staked 9.25pts, +1.482pts, roi 16.02%
WRT: Staked 12.3pts, +2.545pts, roi 20.69%
The Sportsman Racing: Staked 5.25pts, +1.363pts, roi 25.96%
On The Nose: Staked 25.5pts, +2.75pts, roi 10.78%
The Market Examiner: Staked 45pts, -9.245pts, roi -20.54%

Sports

TFA 7/22: Staked 15pts, +7.325pts, roi 48.83%
Skeeve: Staked 60pts, -0.63pts, roi -1.05%
Football Elite: Staked 14pts, +4.445pts, roi 31.75%
The Sportsman: Staked 0.65pts, +0.135pts, roi 20.76%
On The Oche: Staked 4pts, -1.75pts, roi -43.75%
Strike Zone (h): Staked 12pts, -4.3pts, -35.83%


Now then. Tomorrow night I'm off out galavanting with the chaps and chapesses at work and will be in no fit state to be blogging when I get home. So it won't be until Monday that my next post will be up and ready to read, by which time of course we'll be into a brand new month. Have a great weekend folks and see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment