Monday 2 April 2012

Day at the Seaside.

Here are the final figures for March...

Racing
Northern Monkey: Staked 32.5pts, -10.86pts, roi -33.41%
4PA: Staked 49.5pts, -7.437pts, roi -15.02%
Chasemaster: Staked 10.125pts, +1.232pts, roi 12.16%
WRT: Staked 13pts, +3.741pts, roi 28.77%
The Sportsman Racing: Staked 5.75pts, +0.863pts, roi 15.01%
On The Nose: Staked 29.25pts, -1pts, roi -3.41%
The Market Examiner: Staked 46pts, -10.245pts, roi -22.27%
Total roi on racing: -1.55%

Sports
TFA 7/22: Staked 15pts, +7.325pts, roi 48.83%
Skeeve: Staked 70pts, +4.541pts, roi 6.48%
Football Elite: Staked 14pts, +4.445pts, roi 31.75%
The Sportsman: Staked 0.8pts, +0.242pts, roi 30.33%
On The Oche: Staked 4pts, -1.75pts, roi -43.75%
Strike Zone (h): Staked 13pts, -3.5pts, -26.92%
Total roi on sports betting: +13%


I don't want to go into too much detailed analysis, a simple regurgitation of the facts. Wouldn't be right though if I didn't point out the superlative returns generated by The Football Analyst System 7/22, or the splendid month that Football Elite produced after what had been a difficult period. The Sportsman continues to provide superb value for money when you consider that The Sportsman Racing tips are free to subscribers of the sports service.

March has been a profitable month overall, my total roi a shade over 5%. I remember that the first quarter of 2011 was similarly underwhelming. The monthly roi for March is actually consistent with that of 2012 to date - enough to be making a profit but nothing earth shattering. Damn sight better than losing hand over fist though.

Now, as my last post (last Thursday) suggested, I've been thinking very long and very hard about the future. I now have concrete plans and it's a good job I do, because over the weekend it has become apparent that I may need to start acting on my plans a little sooner than I had anticipated (and indeed, hoped). What happened over the weekend? Well, for the first time, Ladbrokes restricted one of my bets (admittedly just one of five, but still), and the restrictions that Paddy Power have forced me to work within for a while now were made that little bit tighter. The noose around my betting neck is tightening. I need to act before I'm left hanging.



Today's Betting


The school my wife works at was open today. The school my children go to wasn't. So I took the day off and thought it'd be nice to go to the seaside. Never one to let poor weather stand in the way of a good time, we packed a picnic and several layers of clothes. Whilst on the beach, having a whale of a time, today's bets started coming through. You know my kids couldn't care less about gambling (although my nine year old boy is starting to take an interest - he seems to see it as a way to boost his pocket money!) and there we were, collecting shells, chasing each other in and out of the freezing water and generally having a ball. I thought a bit of perspective was needed. A bit of prioritisation. Bugger the bets, it's not fair on the kids. Let's take a day off from the gambling and just enjoy ourselves.

So you know what happens, don't you? I miss a nice winner from Chasemaster. Still, we get home at about 3.50pm, so I thought I'd put the WRT bet in the 4.00 on, and also the remaining Chasemaster bet in the 5.30 - which both lose.

Still, I'd like to think I got my priorities right. Days like these with the children are so, so precious.

But I can tell you this. They're not going to happen again. No bloody way! Those damned kids can forget about ever going out and having fun again. I missed a winner and they have to pay, dammit!

The Market Examiner: Staked 1pt, -1pt.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 0.8pts, -0.8pts.
Chasemaster: Staked 0.125pts, -0.125pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment