Thursday 25 August 2011

I ain't volunteering!

I don't mind admitting, I feel like a whinge. I am without doubt, in a whingy kind of mood. Not desperate, or worried about going bust or anything like that. Just fed up after a couple more poor days on the racing that unfortunately have been very much the norm over the summer. Long term, patience, long term, patience....blah, blah, blah. Boll*cks to that - I want a couple of great days, and at the risk of sounding a little demanding, I want them now!

Don't worry, I've not lost all patience all of a sudden. I'm still focused, eyes fixed on the prize and knowing that (deep breath) long term all will be rosy. But by 'eck, wouldn't it be nice to go through a wee spell when there weren't two or three services going through the mill, dragging everything else down?

I do blame myself for the horrible run that The Market Examiner are currently on. Seriously, if a sacrifice had to be made for the greater good of The Market Examiner and their subscriber base, thus turning their fortunes around in one instant and ensuring a prompt return to winning ways, then realistically there is only one person who should be offered up as a gift to placate the Gambling Gods. And we all know who that is, do we not? But before we all get carried away and start to raise support for the idea on an SBC forum thread or attempt to get #sacrificetheportfolioinvestor trending on Twitter, just think on. If a roaring fire was readied, knives sharpened and an apple placed in my mouth, who'd write the blog once the deed had been done?

Yeah, hadn't thought about that, had you?


Today's Betting

A quick mention of yesterday, first. Eight bets on the horses and no returns. The day was rescued somewhat by two winning tips from The Sportsman. Overall loss of £35.67.

After all my moaning and grumping, the portfolio actually turned a small profit today thanks to On The Nose who got a lovely winner from their two selections (Armaramak - Killarney - 8/1).

No returns elsewhere though from The Market Examiner (0/3) and ProBandit (0/1).

The Market Examiner: Staked 3pts, -3pts.
ProBandit: Staked 0.75pts, -0.75pts.
On The Nose: Staked 2pts, +4pts.

Thursday 25th August: Staked £103, +£17.
Month to date: Staked £5,891, -£76.49, roi -1.29%.
Running total (inc. fees): -£385.29, roi -2.93%.


Helen, my wife and editor, has just read my post before submission. She rolled her eyes and muttered something about me having no idea about making sacrifices.

Dunno what she meant by that...

1 comment:

  1. On the other hand think positive ... with my track record of tipster subscriptions if I had joined Market Examiner this year the results would probably have been even worse!!

    ReplyDelete