Tuesday 23 August 2011

There will come a time...

A little while ago I mentioned that in the interests of protecting my bookmaker accounts, I had stopped placing all racing bets with BOG bookmakers. My theory is that if the tipsters have a genuine edge - which I believe they must do - the majority of their selections should shorten in price as the market matures. However, I am not stupid or naive enough (honest!) to think that there won't come a time when I don't severely regret not using a BOG bookmaker.

So far, I have not been stung, but I was reminded of my vulnerability today when ProBandit's winner went off at an SP of 9/2. I had taken 11/4 in the morning. Fortunately, I happened to have placed the bet with Bet 365, so on this occasion, I escaped with a warning. I did miss out a touch with Chasemaster's winner, on which I took 100/30 with a non-BOG bookie, to see the SP returned at a marginally larger 7/2. I can live with that.

I'm afraid this tennis trading business is really eating into my potential blogging time. Please be patient - there will be days when I just won't be able to post. Like Arnie though, I'll always be back.


Today's Betting

A second consecutive decent day for ProBandit who found a nice winner from their three selections (Eshoog - Warwick - 9/2 (BOG!)), and Chasemaster contributed nicely too (King Penda - Sedgefield - 100/30).

Northern Monkey's only selection was placed; the exact same also true of PJA NH.

No luck for On The Nose (0/1) or The Market Examiner (0/2).

Righty-ho then...very slim chance of a post tomorrow night. Too much tension. A fraught 90 minutes await. Up the Arse!

2 comments:

  1. hi Rowan ,

    i've started a blog .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mate,

    Let me know where we can find it and I'll stick up a link.

    Cheers,

    Rowan

    ReplyDelete