Monday 3 September 2012

Noses and cigarette butts. Not a good combo.

Well in the end, playing cricket in Chester saved me a few quid.

It was a real mish mash of a betting day, Saturday. Having to leave for cricket a full hour earlier than normal to give myself enough time to schlep along the M56 meant that I wasn't able to place a few bets. Amongst them the entire On The Nose smorgasbord of selections, within which were a decent winner and an each way bet at a good price that placed, but they were included alongside two or three that didn't provide returns so I don't think I ended up missing out on much. The real bullet dodged was The Sportsman's football bet which turned out to be a loser, but The Sportsman Racing's selection I was able to place (during the tea interval) and that was a winner, so heh! Result.

Ultimately Saturday provided a decent if unspectacular profit, but happy days Sunday; strong returns for an excellent day's punting, although not a horse in sight.

Weekend's Betting

Northern Monkey
Two bets Saturday. Two losers.
Staked 1.25pts, -1.25pts

The Sportsman Racing
Well we already know it won, don't we? (Law Enforcement - Sandown - 5/6).

Summer Of Football
A profit is a profit, and we got some of that this weekend from SOF. A loser and a void bet on Sunday, but winners in Brazil and the MLS (x2) from four bets yesterday ensure the weekend's balance was positive.
Staked 6pts, +0.695pts

Football Elite
Matt sure is treading cautiously in these early weeks (and no criticism from me on that score!). Just the one bet this week, again backed DNB, and as the result was 0-0, stakes were returned.
Staked 1pt, +/-

Skeeve (Asians)
A very strong week all told for Skeeve. The Asians saw two winning bets from three (Forest Green (-1) vs Hyde and Mansfield (-0.5) vs Woking) and a pleasant enough profit.
Staked 6pts, +1.554pts

The real gains though, were made by...

Skeeve (Doubles)
One bet. One bet staked strongly. One bet - one winner. If I was Ray Winstone, I'd be going around saying, "Sweet!" an awful lot whilst looking 'ard, stubbing out a fag on some poor bugger's nose because they happened to look at me funny. Know what I mean? Still, don't know what he's got to be so upset about. At least he can get on in-play at Bet365, which is a lot more than I can. Anyway, I digress. The winning bet...(Forest Green to bt Hyde and Bath to bt Billericay). This one bet provided a big profit, and was essentially the reason why Saturday's figures were positive and not negative. Nice when that happens. Sweet.
Staked 5pts, +8.785pts

Skeeve (Shortlist)
No such joy here; two losers. Mind you, Skeeve has nothing to worry about. I don't smoke. His nose will be fine.
Staked 2pts, -2pts

Service X
Another typically busy weekend over in Central and South America, but not so much profit this time. The stats read 12 bets, 7 wins.
Staked 32pts, -2.297pts

Sportyy
Lucky again on Saturday. Two losing selections were given, but (due to the cricket!) I was only able to get on one of them. Another bet yesterday provided an easy winner (Levante vs Espanyol - Over 2.5 goals).
Staked 5pts, -0.732pts

The Sportsman
Like I say, a loser on Saturday avoided and two winners yesterday! When I tell you that one of the bets was Manchester United to bt Southampton, you can see why I feel that fortune was batting for me this weekend. He's a good'un, that Van Persie! Well, he is until tomorrow anyway. Then he can go back to being a complete t*at. Believe me, if I ever bump into him, I'll make sure I'll have a Benson & Hedges Gold ready to hand, and his nose - as opposed to Skeeve's - will be in serious and imminent danger.
Staked 0.35pts, +0.213pts

Month to date figures...

Racing
Northern Monkey: Staked 1.25pts, -1.25pts, roi -100%
The Sportsman Racing: Staked 0.5pts, +0.416pts, roi 83.34%
Total roi 22.22%

Sports
Football Elite: Staked 1pt, +/- (+/-£), roi 0%, ROC 0%
Summer Of Football: Staked 6pts, +0.695pts, roi 11.58%, ROC 2.78%
Skeeve (Asians): Staked 6pts, +1.554pts, roi 25.91%
Skeeve (Doubles): Staked 5pts, +8.785pts, roi 175.71%
Skeeve (Shortlist): Staked 2pts, -2pts, roi -100%
Skeeve Total: Staked 13pts, +8.34pts, roi 64.15%, ROC 10.42%
The Sportsman: Staked 0.35pts, +0.213pts, roi 60.85%, ROC 3.55%
Form Lab Lite: Staked 3pts, +1.178pts, roi 39.26%, ROC 2.35%
Sportyy: Staked 5pts, -0.732pts, roi -14.64%, ROC -0.91%
Service X: Staked 32pts, -2.733pts, roi -8.54%, ROC -2.73%
Total roi 24.98%

Grand Total roi 24.87%


Got away with things this weekend. Put in a nutshell, I was bloody lucky to post a profit on Saturday, and the fact that was built on so strongly on Sunday makes me feel as if I've done something that has pleased the Gambling Gods. Either that or they're pissed.

Let's hope they don't sober up any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment