Monday 29 October 2012

Blog plans.

Well that was all very pleasant, I must say. Must holiday more often. I might even make a New Year's resolution of it...TAKE. MORE. HOLIDAYS.

Definitely warmer down there. The kids spent the week in shorts and walking along the lanes you could still hear grasshoppers chirruping. In late October!?! You're lucky if you hear a grasshopper in mid-June where I live!

Anyway, what being on holiday does provide is the luxury of time to think things over. Much of my musings were focused upon this here blog, and how I wanted to move it forward. I couldn't help but feel that prior to going away I was getting a touch bogged down with all the figures; some posts were looking more like an Inland Revenue conducted tax audit than a post you'd find on a betting blog.

What I thought I might do is post the comprehensive figures that include year to date and ROC performance at the end of each month. I will continue to post the daily figures for each individual service, simply because I know from past communications that some folk are interested.

I also intend to get away from the trap of simply describing the previous day's betting action. The blog should essentially be a diary of an Average Joe running a portfolio of betting tipster services. It should describe the emotions involved and the thought processes behind the decisions made. I want to concentrate on discussing the issues as they arise and pass comment on the services being used, whether they are going through a golden period or are struggling. I think these are the things that readers - ie. you lot - can relate to more rather than a couple of pages of figures or a list of the winning bets. I will still mention specifically any big-priced or heavily staked winner, and if a service has a great or catastrophic day I shall still talk about it in some detail I'm sure.

Of course the one thing completely out of my control is when an issue worth exploring might arise. There are some weeks during which nothing exciting happens and the portfolio simply ticks over, looking after itself. When this happens, finding something to write about becomes a touch tricky. So, what I have decided to do is to simply stop blogging on the days when there really is nothing to write about. I've noticed that many of the better blogs out there don't post every single day. Some weeks there may be five posts, other weeks just one or two. I think adopting such an approach might just work for me too.

So there we have it. The way forward. Now if I can just enjoy some truly remarkable, record breaking profits over the next week or two, there'll be no shortage of subject matter and everyone will be happy. Especially me. And let's face it, I'm the one that counts. Alright?

Sunday's Betting

On The Nose: Staked 1.75pts, +3.25pts.
(I can't let things pass without a big shout out to The Judge at On The Nose. It's no secret that 2012 has not, to date, been the service's greatest year, but over the last couple of months or so, there have been some encouraging signs of a return to form. Well, it appears that the signs are over, and the form is here! Since Friday, we've had Accordingtoscript - 4/1, Pasco - 4/1, For Non Stop - 11/2 and 6/1, Sixtysomething - 14/1, and Any Currency - 9/1, advised at 10s but couldn't get on for a little while. Not a bad weekend, eh?)

Service X: Staked 12pts, +4.801pts.
On The Oche: Staked 1.25pts, -0.1pt.
Form Lab Lite: Staked 7pts, +0.963pts.
Summer Of Football: Staked 6pts, +2.75pts (had to call upon all my professionalism to bring myself to back Manchester United!)
Football Elite: Staked 3pts, -0.98pts.


No comments:

Post a Comment