Tuesday 9 October 2012

To err is human...

I talked last week about using my upcoming jaunt to the South West as a break from gambling. I had noted that I had started to make silly mistakes, a possible symptom of finding the running of the portfolio just a little wearisome at present. Well, sad to say, my silliness in making errors has continued this week by my placing the antepost On The Oche bet as a win only as opposed to the recommended each way. Doh.

I detest making stupid errors. I take pride in the fact that I keep them down to a minimum, and let's face it, nobody is flawless in anything they do for 100% of the time. Even Dennis Bergkamp misplaced the odd pass. My view is that making money from gambling is difficult enough without handicapping oneself by not being in control of the things which you can control.

I'm not alone in my erroneous ways though. I give myself a hard time when I cock up, but unfortunately Form Lab Lite made a faux pas over the weekend too. I wasn't able to place all the Form Lab weekend bets on Friday evening and had to leave Sunday's selections until the Saturday morning to place. The first bet for Sunday was on Under 2.5 goals in the Valarenga/Stromsgodset match, a game that ended 1-1. Which is all well and good, except that the match was played on the Friday night. I wasn't happy.

I'm afraid I spat the dummy. Teddy bears and fire engines were flying out of the pram, my ire probably deepened by the fact that October hadn't exactly got off to a flying start. Had I enjoyed a profitable week, I doubt I'd have been as narked as I was. But then I remembered the daft mistakes I've made myself recently, and realised that I was overreacting to what was simply an oversight. Form Lab had made a mistake, but it's not as if they make a habit of doing so. If it was a habit, or became a habit, I wouldn't follow. Simple as that.

As for myself...if I continue to make stupid errors, then I shall be forced into taking some drastic action as a punishment designed to teach me a lesson. Not sure what that could be, though. Perhaps signing up to the official MUFC Robin van Persie fan club or something. Mind you, it would have to be one bloody big mistake to merit doing that!

Monday's Betting

Bad day, yesterday. Monday's are usually quiet but not this week.

Just one winner on the horses, Winning Racing Systems finding one from two (Restraint Of Trade - Pontefract - 4/9). The other WRS bet also went off at 4/9, and was beaten a short head! Kind of summed up how things are going at present.

There was no success for Northern Monkey (0/1) or Winning Racing Tips (0/1).

The day's second very near miss came from On The Oche whose selection had two match darts and stuck them just the wrong side of the wire.

Service X had one bet which won, but Summer Of Football missed out with their one selection.

Northern Monkey: Staked 1pt, -1pt.
Winning Racing Systems: Staked 2pts, -0.555pts.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 0.3pts, -0.3pts.

Summer Of Football: Staked 1pt, -1pt.
Service X: Staked 3pts, +2.308pts.
On The Oche: Staked 0.5pts, -0.5pts.


The sooner this month takes a turn in the right direction the better.



No comments:

Post a Comment