Thursday 7 March 2013

February sports betting review.

Coral let me have £10 on Sprinter Sacre at Evens. Stingy bastards.


The total roi for February for the sports side of the portfolio finished at 5.48%. The year to date ROI for 2013 is 6.58%.

Football Elite: Staked 14pts, -2.677pts, roi -19.12%
(Staked 27pts, -1.108pts, roi -4.1%, ROC -2.21%)

I get the feeling that February 2013 will turn out to be a landmark month for Football Elite, one way or another. As mentioned when it happened, the bank was effectively doubled in size and selections have returned to being primarily simple win only with just the very occasional DNB thrown in if the team to be supported is at particularly long odds. Let's hope that the changes implemented help Matt rediscover a bit of his mojo. I'm aware the SBC dropped FE from their Hall of Fame last month but I want to give things a bit of time to bed in and see where that takes us.


The Football Analyst (7/22): Staked 11.5pts, +6.795pts, roi 59.09%

The Football Analyst (Euro): Staked 2.75pts, -0.095pts, roi -3.45%

The Football Analyst (Total): Staked 14.25pts, +6.7pts, roi 47.02%
(Staked 24.75pts, +5.997pts, roi 24.23%, ROC 29.98%

A superb month for 7/22. Mambers new this season to the service may be tempted to think not before time. Those of us who are a little longer in the tooth with Graeme were thinking that it was always a matter of when, not if. I've been thinking a lot about TFA recently, and have already reached some basic decisions about how I'm going to follow the systems next season. I don't have a clearly defined plan as yet - that can wait until the summer when Graeme can contribute his thoughts having reached a position where he can view the season as a whole - but one thing I can say I will be doing is following more TFA bets over 2013/14. 7/22 is a superb system, but the relatively low turnover it generates means that it is always going to be susceptible to variance in a way that higher turnover systems are not. It seems common sense to me that when we have a smorgasbord of excellent systems to choose from, putting myself in the situation where I'm so open to the possibility of suffering a bad season simply due to variance isn't perhaps best utilising Graeme's skills.


Summer Of Football: Staked 24pts, +1.487pts, roi 6.19%
(Staked: 46pts, +10.987pts, roi 23.88%, ROC 31.39%

Not much to say really other then the service has become a vital part of the portfolio and has taken less than a year to become so.


Skeeve (Asians): Staked 8pts, +6.38pts, roi 79.75%

Skeeve (Doubles): Staked 30pts, +21.321pts, roi 71.07%

Skeeve Total: Staked 38pts, +27.701pts, roi 72.89%
(Staked 75pts, +18.535pts, roi 24.71%, ROC 23.16%)

Well that's more like it! Fantastic to see a return to form for our non-league guru. The big hope now is that Skeeve can push on over the remaining couple of months or so of this season, repair as much of the damage previously done as possible, and then launch into a great 2013/14 season. Sounds like a plan.


The Sportsman: Staked 0.45pts, -0.15pts, roi -33.33%
(Staked 0.9pts, +0.117pts, roi 13%, ROC 2.92%

Exactly the same comments I made about The Sportsman Racing yesterday apply here.


On The Oche: Staked 7.75pts, +1.71pts, roi 22.06%
(Staked 11.583pts, +4.376pts, roi 37.77%, ROC 12.5%

A more than satisfactory start to the year for OTO. I know Matt has mentioned himself that he finds watching the darts incredibly stressful when he's got money on it, and I have to say I agree with him all the way on that one. I know I'd be better off not watching, but it's so damned compelling I just can't help myself. Taking years off me, it is.


Sportyy: Staked 49pts, -15.196pts, roi -31.01%
(Staked 112.4pts, -24.751pts, roi -22.02%, ROC -30.93%)

I don't want to write my thoughts about Sportyy tonight. Nothing sinister, it's just that I have a lot going through my mind with regard this service at the moment and how it fits into my portfolio (much of it very positive). It deserves a post in itself though, and I aim to write that post next week.


So there we have it. Year to date performance for the portfolio as a whole lies at 7.12% and the ROC at 8.54% (of leveraged funds). We've had two profitable months, one producing what might be considered to be a par result, the other a little under par. Let's hope for a good one in March!


Wednesday 6th March
Not such a good day in the end.

A nice winner for Northern Monkey whose only selection for the day produced the goods (Robin Hoods Bay - Kempton - 5/2). That though, is where the winners began and ended though. On The Nose (0/2), Winning Racing Tips (0/1) and Sportyy (0/2) meant the day was a losing one.

On The Nose: Staked 0.5pts, -0.5pts.
Northern Monkey: Staked 1pt, +2.5pts.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 0.9pts, -0.9pts.

Sportyy: Staked 3.5pts, -3.5pts.

1 comment:

  1. I got the same £10 from Coral and £5 from Hills 6/1 on Oscar Whisky for World Hurdle. They're all generous to a fault!

    ReplyDelete