Friday 29 March 2013

More bookie problems.

To the chap who posted what can only be described as being a "dubious" website address in the Comments section of last night's post...you didn't ever think I'd actually publish that, did you? I'd be arrested if I did! Good grief! The things some people look at.

It's been a quiet week with not too much to comment about. There's a few things I want to talk about next week though, after I've done the end of month review for March.

One of those things may be the future of 4PA in the portfolio. This is a service I love, especially when tipping in the big meetings and festivals. With a combination of being very profitable over the long term and it playing in races I love to watch simply as sport, it ticks a lot of boxes for me. Over the last couple of years or so however, I've been in with 4PA and then out again. When I had a full suite of unrestricted accounts, I didn't have a problem. Sure, prices go very quickly after bet release, but a bit of organisation means that the impact of this can be minimised. No, my problem now is simply getting on at all. I had to split this morning's 1000 Guineas antepost bets between four different bookmakers, and each bet wasn't a particularly big one, nor my stakes particularly large. It may be a service that I will have to park again, before getting back behind the wheel when I am in a position to replenish myself with some new bookmaker accounts. We'll see.

Thursday 28th March
A nice winner for each of the two services in action yesterday. Another for On The Nose (Cootehill - Ludlow - 8/1) and a very nice single selection from On The Oche in the night's Premier League Darts (Wade (DNB) vs Van Gerwen at 3.7).

On The Nose: Staked 1pt, +3.5pts.

On The Oche: Staked 0.5pts, +1.35pts.

1 comment:

  1. I dropped 4PA when renewal was due, couldnt get on at anywhere near advertised prices.

    ReplyDelete