Tuesday 26 July 2011

The ghost of tipster past.

Well, well, well. Guess who sent me an email this evening. The chap from Shaolin Betting, that's who.

"Hello,

Sorry for the delay in reply, there will be an email sent out over the coming days. Don't worry, your subscription shall be honoured,"


Now I appreciate that at times I can err on the side of being just a touch cynical, but the first words rather got my goat. The use of the word 'delay', in particular. Trains are delayed for an hour or two. I might delay crossing the road so as to allow the traffic to pass. Not replying to an email orginally sent on the 10th May is not so much a delay, more a refusal to communicate, I'd say.

Still, as the email suggests, not to worry. Why would I worry? I've already written off the money paid for subs. Unreasonable of me I know, but after no tips for months and no communication - sorry, with there being a delay in communication - I had, rather prematurely it seems, given up on the service.

I must reconsider. After all, the chap's tone is such that obviously there was nothing at all to worry about. And - in what amounts to a real bonus - my subscription is to be 'honoured'. Oh, how wonderful!

I can't wait for the next email. I do hope it won't be delayed.


Today's Betting

As has been the theme this month, today suffered greatly as a direct result of the 4PA results. Another five points dropped at Goodwood today from four selections, and a big loss on the day was a somewhat inevitable outcome after that.

Hats off to PJA NH who did their valiant best to stop the rot. From four each way bets today, they found a winner (Fade To Grey - Worcester - 6/1) and two places (Nesnaas - Worcester - 8/1 and Mibleu - Worcester - 10/1).

Winning Racing Tips were close with their one bet which finished a close second to the hot favourite (Ghalaa - Beverley - 4/1), but only losses accrued from Northern Monkey (3 bets), The Market Examiner (1), and On The Nose (3).

Northern Monkey: Staked 1.75pts, -1.75pts.
4PA: Staked 5pts, -5pts.
PJA NH: Staked 2.75pts, +2.7pts.
The Market Examiner: Staked 1pt, -1pt.
On The Nose: Staked 2pts, -2pts.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 0.8pts, -0.08pts.

Tuesday 26th July: Staked £399, -£227.
Running total: -£899.69 (roi -16.36%).


So July doesn't get any easier, does it?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a member of his last service :) but, based on the experience i had twice (!) with the guy, his return was a real possibility. More than that, for some good odds i can bet he will tell a story involving a hospital. I can't be more specific, his imagination is pretty rich: it can be a relative with an untreatable disease, it can be even him with extremely serious health issues that kept him away from the computer or it can be something new (probably). But i can assure you: it won't be something like "i was going through a bad period and i needed to rebuild my confidence" or anything that "soft". It will be heartbreaking :D

    biglebowski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice not to join.

    There's more coming tonight...stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete