Monday 25 July 2011

Template for success

It's coming towards the end of my first month as a member of The Market Examiner and thought I would drop down a few first impressions.

I have to admit, I have been immensely impressed. Results haven't been particularly great and I'm showing a loss of a fair few points, but in all honesty, that hasn't rankled at all. I was more than aware that the odds played at were generally on the long side and as sure as fish goes with chips, with that go losing runs. I'm also conscious that with a service like this, a couple of winners and suddenly the bottom line looks rosy indeed, so there's been no stress.

What I have been particularly impressed by though, is the care and consideration towards customers that Sam obviously takes a real pride in. Messages are prompt, performance updates regular, and in every respect the level of customer service attained is exemplary.

I was both heartened and relieved when a few days into the month, The Market Examiner announced that the doors to new members were closed. Having just edged into the service I was a little smug I confess, but what was gratifying to know was that here was a service that was putting it's current members first, as opposed to always chasing the tail that is attracting new members. It was deemed that prices were coming under too much pressure, and that a step in the right direction as to easing this pressure was to close the doors. Admirable, to say the very least.

Talking of prices, how refreshing to see a more than realistic approach to recording the 'official' odds. On the occasions where prices are dropping fast, even as the email with selections is sent, then Sam will record the bet at the odds that even the tardy are likely to have attained. On many occasions, I have actually secured better odds than those recorded. Not every time, but enough to notice.

The Market Examiner has fitted seamlessly into the portfolio. To be fair, I think that all the services followed now are run by honest, decent folks trying to do their best for their subscribers. The bar has been raised re. tipping services I feel, and each and every one of those in the portfolio have contributed to that process. Now if we can just start to make some decent money...


Today's Betting

A quiet day, but one so typical of July. Five horses backed, and no returns from PJA NH (3), The Market Examiner (1) and On The Nose (1).

PJA NH: Staked 2.25pts, -2.25pts.
The Market Examiner: Staked 1pt, -1pt.
On The Nose: Staked 1pt, -1pt.

Monday 25th July: Staked £86, -£86
Running total: -£672.69 (roi -13.19%).

3 comments:

  1. Good shout about Market Examiner - I got in just before the doors closed as well and totally agree with your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, MRH-B.

    You can join me in my smugness then. :)

    Thanks for outlining your blog by the way...I'm enjoying reading it. You're doing a bit (lot) better than me this month, that's for sure.

    Hope the month finishes strongly for you.

    All the best,

    Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both.

    Have just seen this post Rowan, and am very grateful for it. We're certainly going through a bit of a sticky spell at the moment but it's something we've seen many times in the past and will see again many times in the future. As long as things pan out ok in the long run, as they certainly should, all should be forgotten.

    Thanks again and good luck to you and all your services (yes we all need a bit of luck from time to time to chuck into the mix!).

    Cheers
    Sam

    ReplyDelete