Thursday 28 July 2011

Well, well, well.

Today's Betting

Rather a quick one as I'm in late, as is usual for a Thursday. It's also not going to be a comprehensive record of the day's betting as there is some late On The Oche darting action taking place tonight.

Before I go into the ins and outs of what has been quite some day though, just a note that the balance from yesterday was -£75.

Now, any SBC members out there who frequent their forum will know what my thoughts were when it was announced that Chasemaster was to become an SBC run Premier service. I'm not going into the ins and outs again, and I think the folks at the SBC and I, like adults, have concluded that we simply have to agree to differ. At no time though were any of my concerns aimed in the direction of Peter and the chaps at Chasemaster.

At the beginning of the month, I felt for those at Chasemaster. Things were not falling in the way that they would have liked, and I could imagine that perhaps the pressure that you think might well come as part of the package that is a load of new SBC members subscribing, might begin to mount and make life uncomfortable. I don't know if the pressure was felt or not, but if it was myself operating in these circumstances, I'd have been feeling it a touch.

And so it was not only for selfish reasons that I was delighted when their one back tip (Springaway - Stratford - 40/1) strolled home by eight lengths at an SP of 18s. I'm genuinely really pleased for Peter and the chaps. Great, great tip, and very well done to them.

It has been quite some day for the SBC Premium services. We have all been aware of the trials and tribulations of 4PA this month, and so it was with a deal of relief that they found the winner of the first at the festival this afternoon (Labarinto - Goodwood - 6/1). They also had another each way advice place (Dirar - Galway - 9/1) with a loser in between. Not out of the woods yet for 4PA, but a step in the right direction at least.

Perhaps not as spectacular but solidly effective today was On The Nose. A nice winner (Opinion Poll - Goodwood - 11/2) and Dirar each way (8/1) were enough to prduce some nice profit.

The Market Examiner, Northern Monkey, and PJA NH all had just the one selection today but no return.


4PA: Staked 4pts, +6.406pts.
Northern Monkey: Staked 0.5pts, -0.5pts.
PJA NH: Staked 0.5pts, -0.5pts.
The Market Examiner: Staked 1pt, -1pt.
On The Nose: Staked 2pts, +2.75pts.
Chasemaster: Staked 0.25pts, +6.25pts.

Thursday 28th July: Staked £259, +£902.25.

I'll update tomorrow on how the darts go tonight.

Funny old game, this, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Finally! I'm glad for the services of course, but I'm really glad for you - you deserved a day like this after all the great posts in July.

    p.s.: A tiny loss for On The Oche today, so no harm done; I've joined just before the World Matchplay 2nd round games and I have a strong feeling it's going to be one of the 'core services' in my portfolio over the next few years. Btw I've also decided to reintroduce 22 Legs to my portfolio - Lakini's made a couple of clumsy mistakes in the past (like we all do), but based on what I've seen last season (I've read every magazine and each time he made a profit with his German picks - and that was almost every time I checked the scores and compared them with his official picks for the day - I asked myself: 'Okay, why exactly am I waiting for the end of the season to start following these picks with actual money again?'), he definitely knows everything there is to know about the top two tiers of German football and I'm sure those bets will produce a very healthy ROI as they always do (I won't be following any possible non-German picks nor the over/under picks - only the asian handicap bets from the top two tiers).

    cheers,
    skeeve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Skeeve - great to hear from you.

    Thanks for that. I must admit I went to sleep with a wee smile on my face last night. Mind you, I'm also mindful that gambling being what it is, I could well give half of it back today.

    I feel good about On The Oche. I've got some thoughts that I intend to jot down in a proper post soon as I can see some differences in the secrvice from when I was previously a member. All good though.

    Good luck with 22 Legs. It's taken me time to realise something that is very obvious - that tipsters often make mistakes. But if a tipster has a talent, and then learns from the mistakes they make, then he/she is only going to get better. It's a bit like a supremely talented but young footballer - they make errors, learn, gain experience, and become better players. The manager might drop them from the team for a period if they deem it necessary, but then bring them back in as the talent is obviously there.

    I'm waffling!

    Speak soon,

    Rowan

    ReplyDelete